2015 M40A5 Replica Sniper Rifle Raffle Drawing took place on 17 March 2015 in Washington, DC
Congratulations to Tony Burkes!
Winner of the 2015 M40A5 Replica Sniper Rifle
Raffling off variants of the M40 Sniper Rifle has been a very successful fundraising tool for the Association, and we continued the tradition in 2015!
The M40A5 rifle cannot be bought on the open market because the Marines are the only service that makes its own sniper rifles, and they have been doing so for several decades. All Marine Corps sniper rifles are built by the Precision Weapons Section (PWS) at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia. Each one is made for Marine Scout Snipers by Marines at Quantico with the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) of 2112 – Precision Weapons Repairer/Technician.
This M40A5 replica sniper rifle for the USMC Scout Sniper Association raffle included components which were donated in support of the Association. The dedicated team of 2112’s assembled the rifle on their own time to be raffled as a tribute to those whom the Association helps. When completed, the M40A5 replica rifle was test fired and zeroed.
That is one of many reasons why this rifle is so special.
KEY FEATURES OF THE M40A5 INCLUDE:
(est. value of $25,000)
1. McMillan – A4 Stock, Sniper Fill, Adjustable Saddle Cheek, Spacer System LOP Adjustment, O.D. Green.
2. Bartlein – 24” 1-11.25 Twist Stainless Barrel.
3. Surefire – Comp/Suppressor Adapter Model MB762SSAL/RE.
4. Badger Ordnance – Steel Rings, USMC Spec 34mm.
5. Badger Ordnance – M5 DBM Detachable Magazine Trigger Guard.
6. PGW – AN/PVS-22 Universal Night Sight (UNS) Mount Mounted in Stock.
7. Schmidt & Bender – 3-12×50 Police Marksman II LP Scope.
8. FLIR – AN/PVS-27 Magnum Universal Night Sight (MUNS) (Marine Corps-Issued Night Vision for the M40A5).
9. Sling swivel stud for bi-pod attachment and six flush cup points for sling attachment.
The package also includes a gun book, chronographed muzzle velocity and zero target.
(NOTICES: The use, sale, re-export, delivery or re-transfer, directly or indirectly, of this rifle and accessories is subject to, and contingent upon, compliance with applicable U.S. Export Control and Firearms Laws and Regulations. Winner will be notified. Winner need not be present to win. Winner must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 18 years of age. Void where prohibited. Photo of rifle above not the one to actually be awarded.)